"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Monday, April 9, 2012

Coconut Pineapple Banana Muffins (Vegan)




OK, third and LAST banana mufffin recipe for tonight!  Haha!  As I mentioned in my Best Ever Banana Nut Muffin recipe and Blueberry Banana Muffin recipe posts,  I had a bunch of brown, mushy bananas that I wanted to keep from going to waste, so I went hunting for some new muffin recipes to try.  (I like making muffins because I can then freeze them and they can be pulled out individually for a quick breakfast or a yummy snack.)

I found this recipe for Coconut Pineapple Banana Bread on joythebaker.com  This recipe was PERFECT because, after making the banana nut and blueberry banana muffins, I was out of eggs.  No problem!  These babies are vegan!  :)  When I mixed these up, the batter was super thick, so I wasn't sure how they would come out.  They aren't the "prettiest" muffins, but they were pretty yummy!  My sweet toddler LOVED them, which is a HUGE point in their favor!  :)

The recipe below is how I made them today.  (I made a couple of small changes.)  If you'd like to see the original recipe, just click on the link above.


Coconut Pineapple Banana Muffins:

2 large (or 3 small) bananas, mashed
1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
generous pinch ground ginger
1/2 cup sweetened coconut

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease muffin pan or line with paper cupcake liners.
2.) In a large bowl, combine bananas, sugar, pineapple, and oil and whisk to combine.
3.) Sift in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
4.) Stir just to until combines.
5.) Fold in coconut.
6.) Scoop into muffin cups.  (Sprinkle with extra sugar, if desired.)
7.) Bake 20 minutes, or until a cake tester or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8.) Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove to cooling rack and cool completely.


Yum!  :)

2 comments:

  1. These are very good muffins, I added a piece of crystalized Ginger in the middle of each one and they are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very good muffins, I added a piece of crystalized Ginger in the middle of each one and they are delish!

    ReplyDelete