"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Egg-cellent" Egg Salad



My hubby LOVES egg salad - which is a good thing, because we have it several times a month!  Egg salad and chicken salad are staples in this house - especially on evenings when a quick meal is in order.  But I'm always looking for a way to make even the most basic of recipes "zazzy." - You know what I mean - just a little bit of pizzaz!  Well, this egg salad is "zazzy!"  ;)

I originally came up with the idea to try and "zazz" up my egg salad after reading this recipe.  It seemed so yummy - and on toasted bread!  OH MY!  The problem was, that my hubby is more of a purist.  The idea of diced celery adding "crunch" to his egg salad wasn't appealing.  I guess, in his mind, egg salad shouldn't "crunch."  I can understand that.  So, I changed the recipe up a little bit to fit our tastes.  It was a HUGE hit!!!

Now, this recipe makes quite a lot, but we are having it for dinner tonight AND lunch for the rest of the week.  You could easily have the recipe if you like.

Oh, and the toasted bread is a MUST!  Just trust me.  Try it.  You won't regret it.  ;)


"Egg-cellent" Egg Salad

9 hard-cooked eggs
mayonnaise - to taste (I use 3 or 4 large tablespoonfuls)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp pepper


1.) Dice eggs.  (This is very important.  Don't "mash" them.  Trust me on this.  It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE when it comes to good egg salad!) 
2.) Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.
3.)  Serve on toasted bread.  YUM!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment