"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ranch Oyster Crackers



While visiting my in-laws a few weeks ago, my little one had oyster crackers for the first time.  I can't believe I had never thought of those as a snack!!!  I mean, they are the perfect size for little hands!!!  As soon as we got home, I went out and bought 2 bags of them from Walmart.  (By the way, buy these babies at Walmart!  For normal grocery shopping I go to Publix because its closer, but they charge about $3.00 a bag for oyster crackers and Walmart sells them for about 99 cents!) 

Anyway, I mentioned the purchase to my friend Tara over at Mommy Time and she mentioned that she makes Ranch Oyster Crackers for the family to snack on.  Holy Cow!  That sounded YUMMY!!!  I love oyster crackers AND I love Ranch dressing!!!  Perfect!  So I looked around and found this recipe on allrecipes.com.

These are SUPER easy to make and a SERIOUSLY delicious!!!  Give them a try.  You'll probably love them as much as your kids do!




First, take 5 cups of oyster crackers (that's about 1 bag) and pour them in a large bowl...



Pour in 1 (1oz) package of Ranch-style dressing mix...



Add 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional), 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder(optional), and 1/4 cup vegetable oil...




Mix everything together (gently, so as not to crush the crackers) and then pour in a single layer onto a baing sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes (stirring gently halfway through cooking time).  Let cool before serving...




Ranch Oyster Crackers:

5 cups (1 bag) oyster crackers
1 (1oz) package Ranch- style dressing mix
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp lemon pepper (optional)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1/4 cup vegetable oil

1.) Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2.) Pour all ingredients into a large bowl.  Stir to combine.
3.) Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4.) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (stirring halfway through cooking time).
5.) Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.
6.) Store in a ziploc bag or air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment