"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Ranch Lasagna

 I made this for the first time last night. I forgot that it takes a little longer to prepare lasagna, but it was well worth it. I'm not a big red sauce fan so this was perfect for me! My husband on the other hand I think would eat red sauce every meal if given the chance...so when we sat down he tasted it, liked it, and then went and grabbed some leftover tomato sauce to add to his. He said he would eat it again so that's always good with a new recipe!!

Cheesy Chicken Ranch Lasagna

2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
1 (1 oz) pkg. Ranch Mix (not the dip blend)
3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked
1 1/2 to 2 C cheddar cheese, grated (I used 1 cup per layer...made two layers total)
1 1/2 to 2 C mozzarella cheese, grated (again I used 1 cup per layer)



Combine evaporated milk and Ranch dressing and pepper in a 3 quart heavy saucepan.
Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved.
Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
Sauce will thicken slightly. (My sauce didn't start thickening until I turned it up from low to medium)
 Layer half of lasagna noodles, chicken, sauce, and cheese in well-greased 9×13 pan.
Repeat layers again.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 
Let rest 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment