"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini

I was never much for Chicken Tetrazini but I think it's because it was a recipe I didn't grow up having.  My mom never cooked it for some reason or another, but it is such an easy meal to throw together and put in the oven that I quickly got the recipe from my Mother in law.  I know it is not my husbands favorite either but sometimes its the easy go to recipe.  Plus I can freeze half of it for another dinner because we only need an 8x8 of it at a time.



4 chicken breast(you can use a whole chicken and cook it but I am a white meat kind of girl)
8 oz noodles (I prefer angel hair pasta)
1 1/2 cup cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
can cream of mushroom
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups chicken broth
*Boil chicken and reserve the broth for the 2 cups (or you can use chicken broth if you prefer a stronger taste because chicken breast doesn't do much for the water if you know what I mean).  Slice the chicken.  Cook the noodles. 
*In saute pan melt butter...add in flour and slowly add in chicken broth. Then add the cr of mushroom soup.  Stir and cook low until it thickens a little bit.  Salt and Pepper the mixture to taste
*9x13 pan add chicken, noodles, cheese.  Pour sauce over top....crumble ritz crackers and slice butter on top if you like.(the ritz crackers is what you do for casseroles such as broccoli and pineapple but she does it with this as well)....This is where I usually use an 8x8 pan and I freeze an 8x8 of it as well.  

*I have made this a couple times and each time I have done it different...one time I poured the sauce and mixed the noodles and chicken with it then the cheese and crackers on top...and one time I poured the sauce on top.  I just like it being mixed in there a little bit I think.  But thats why you just take the parts of the recipe you like and make it work for you....(I am all about this if you haven't noticed :)
Bake 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment