"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Monday, January 30, 2012

Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies

Once again another wonderful Pinterest find.  I am telling you if you aren't on there you should be cause I have made some good stuff thanks to recipes on there.  And I can say I love a box strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting so I knew these cookies would fit right in!!

Before I was a sahm I spent some time being a nanny for these two children who are now basically like my own.  Well Caroline came over to spend the night with me so we had a girls night....baking, movies, and so forth.  I decided to try this recipe out that I found on Pinterest and we loved it.  The recipe called for half the cake mix box but I doubled the recipe because I knew she would want to take some home, and of course I was gonna want to keep some too :)

Here is my picture taken with the iPhone again...sorry doesn't make the prettiest pictures but it's easy!!


You can find the original recipe here since I doubled it here is the recipe with the whole box of mix: (I would say just for kicks head on over to her blog and read the recipe because her pictures are MUCH prettier and she probably gives you more explanation than I did)


Cookies:
1 stick of butter (softened)
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 box of strawberry cake mix (I used Duncan Hines cause its what I had here)

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix the butter, eggs, and vanilla together until combined, then add in the cake mix.  Once it is all combined and smooth let it set in the freezer for 20 minutes to let it set (for a couple reasons...1. it won't spread as much when baking and 2. this is a sticky cookie dough so makes it a little easier to work with) Place 1 inch balls on your sprayed cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.  (Original recipe said 8-10 but I may have made mine a little bigger because I had to cook mine 12 minutes every time)  I will also say the first batch I used my pampered chef pizza pan or cookie pan and they were not as easy to bake and scoop off of there so I switched to a regular baking sheet.

Frosting:
1/2 stick butter softened
1/4 cup cream cheese softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 cups powdered sugar (I used 3)

Once the cookies have cooled.....frost away!!!  This frosting was really good!

1 comment: