"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chicken Teriyaki Casserole



First, I'd like to say that I still consider myself a new mom.  I know.  I know.  My baby is 19 months old.  But I think that, with your first child, your kinda always a "new mom."  Every new phase of development makes me feel like I'm starting all over again!  Its so much fun!  But its also a challenge.  My baby just recently went from 2 naps to 1.  She's also walking, running, climbing, and getting into everything. It can make for some interesting challenges when it comes to preparing a meal.

So, I've become the self-proclaimed Queen of Casseroles.  I LOVE a good casserole!!!!  Something that can be prepped during my daughter's naptime and then just be thrown in the oven at dinner time.  That's my favorite kind of meal!


The other night I wanted to make Chicken Teryaki for my hubby.  Its one of his favorites.  So, I didn a little research and found this recipe online.  I changed it up and made it a little easier.  Here's what I did:

Chicken Teriyaki Casserole

2 chicken breasts, baked and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
3 cups cooked rice
1 bag frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables, thawed
1 cup chicken stock


1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Toss cooked, cubed chicken with 1/3 cup teriyaki marinade.
3.) Coat 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray. 
4.) Combine chicken, cooked rice, thawed Asian veggies, 1/2 teriyaki marinade and 1 cup chicken broth in a large bowl.  Mix thoroughly.
5.) Pour mixture into baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes.

I love this recipe because its simple, uses few ingredients, and can be prepped ahead of time.  Bake the chicken in the morning - or even the day before, chop it & toss it with the marinade & throw it in the fridge.  You could also make the whole thing the night before, in the morning, or during your child's nap time (like I did) and throw it in the fridge.  Pull it out and let it come to room temp (about 30 minutes before its time to bake it).

No comments:

Post a Comment