"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cream Biscuits

So simple, but sooooo delicious!  I even added cheddar cheese to them tonight and made them even better! :)  This is a Paula Deen recipe but I have added my own touches to make these just perfect!  You don't have to pull out the biscuit cutter or rolling pin.  Keep it simple! :)  I just used one of my children's juice cups for that perfect circle cut.  I didn't use the rolling pin either.  I just pressed it out with the palms of my hands. :)  I can start these and bake them in a flash.


2 cups Self-rising flour (very important! But if you don't have this you will need to add the necessary    salt,baking powder and baking soda)
1 Tblsp. sugar
1 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream
1 egg plus 2 Tbls. water slightly beaten for egg wash
 salt just enough to sprinkle on top of bisuits before baking

Preheat oven to 500 degrees....yes...500 degrees! :)

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and cream until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour (I do this on wax paper for easy clean up). Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness (or just press it out to that thickness). Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour (Or by pressing a small cup into the dough :)), cut dough into biscuits. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Then spread thin layer of egg wash on top of each bisuit.  Before putting into oven, lightly sprinkle tops of biscuits with salt (very lightly).  If you like a sweeter biscuit, omit the salt.  That was my addition to the original recipe.  I also added 1 cup of shredded cheddar for tonight's dinner and man were they good!!!! :) Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.  Because I have added the egg wash to this recipe they do not get very golden brown, but you will see the bottom edges get browned.  That's when you know they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment