"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes


I made these with supper last night and they were so good!  Of course I saw the idea on Pinterest but when I looked at the original recipe I didn't need 3 lbs of potatoes and I am not a big thyme fan because it always ends up overpowering everything else when I cook with it!  So I checked out this recipe then kinda just rolled with it.



I heated some EVOO in a pan with some minced garlic (1tsp) and diced onion (a handful)...I didn't have green onion so I used regular onion.  I added in the small cut up red potatoes and mixed them together with some italian seasoning (I really just sprinkled it on them to my liking/to taste preference) and then let them get hot.

Then I sprayed my baking pan and added the potatoes to it.  Bake in the oven on 400 for 25-30 minutes or until they seem to be getting tender.  Add your balsamic vinegar and toss well to cover them all.  Bake another 8 minutes.  *You can add your vinegar earlier if you would like them to be saturated in it and more caramelized (which is what I preferred so that's what I did!)

*Sorry this isn't an exact recipe....I feel like Rachael Ray saying a handful of this and to taste on this but sometimes those make the best recipes.  If you prefer a recipe to follow you can follow the original recipe or you can make it to suit your family like I did...that always makes it perfect!!! (and no professional picture here just iPhone...but I am such a visual person had to give you something to look at)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Danielle! I LOVE when someone takes a recipe that they found and really makes it their own! These look delish! WIll definitely have to give them a try! And thanks for linking to the original recipe that you found. I always like to give credit - whenever possible - to whoever I got the recipe from. :)

    ReplyDelete