"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sausage and Rice Casserole

First let me say - this blog  is a great idea!!  Lately, I have REALLY been struggling with preparing meals for the family.....and, more specifically, nutritious, home-cooked meals.  (Pizza Hut and McDonalds don't meet that criteria, I think <chuckle>).  So, thanks to Charity for the encouragement with sharing her easy recipes and menu ideas with me via email over the last while.....and, for the invite to take part here! 

So, the first recipe I want to share is this Sausage and Rice Casserole.  Right after my oldest child was born, a neighbor brought this dish over to "help".....and, what a help it was to not have to worry about cooking, on top of taking care of a newborn.  She served it with steamed broccoli, some type of marinated slaw, and cornbread.  Of course, when I prepare this, the side dish is usually me cracking open a can of kernel corn and mixing up a box of Jiffy mix cornbread <chuckle>.....but, maybe with all the inspiration on this blog, the side dish menu will improve :-)



1 lb. bulk sausage, browned
1 cup rice, uncooked
2 cans beef consumee

Mix all the ingredients, place in a covered casserole dish (about a 2 quart size), and bake at 350 F for an hour.

The kiddos and hubby really enjoy this main dish.  It won't be long, though, before I'm going to have to start doubling the recipe so that there's enough to go around on second and third helpings.








2 comments:

  1. Amie, welcome to the group! Any friend of Charity's is a friend of mine! :) And I love your recipe contribution! Its such a simple, easy meal - which is a must for someone like me with a 17 month old toddling around - and yet it sounds really yummy! I can't wait to try it. Oh, and by the way, anything involving Jiffy Cornbread Mix is a yummy side dish! I just bought 4 boxes yesterday! And now that reminds me to share my corn pudding recipe - which also uses a box of Jiffy! Thanks again for joining our blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Food, friends, fellowship.....all around a blog! Loving it!!

      Delete