"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Italian-Marinated Vegetable Salad

OK folks, I rarely post recipes that I haven't made yet.  In fact, this is the first one.  But I saw this recipe and it looked and sounded so yummy that I couldn't wait to post it!  I found this in one of my old Kraft "Food and Family" magazines.  Anybody remember those magazines?  They used to send them out for free.  Now they charge like $10-$15 a year.  :(  Oh well, I'm still holdin' on to my free copy from December of '08.  :)

1/2 lb fresh green beans, cut in half
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1 cup sliced stuffed green olives
1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing



1.) Add green beans and cauliflower to boiling water in saucepan; cook until tender crisp.
2.) Drain. Rinse under cold water; drain again.  Place in a bowl.
3.) Add remaing ingredients; mix lightly.
4.) Refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.

Serving size: 1/2 cup
Serves: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment