"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last Minute Salsa

I went to visit my parents yesterday, for a little while.  And, as usually happens when leaving, we end up with a bag of "leftovers" and such to bring home with us.  Yesterday it was piles of pancakes.....and tortilla chips. I know, odd combination :-)   Anyhow, I really like munching on tortilla chips - especially if I have a dip to go with them.  So, last night, I was making chili for the hot dogs we were going to eat for my daughter's birthday supper.  Hot dog chili for me is just browning some hamburger, then throwing in a little bit of Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce and chili seasoning....and a little ketchup and mustard.  Anyhow, I had about 3/4th of a can of Manwich leftover.  And, rather than waste it, I decided I'd take some of the tortilla chips and dip them in the Manwich sauce (since I didn't have any salsa).  Well, it tasted pretty good.....but, seemed to be missing something - the "chunkiness" of salsa.  So, that's when I decided - hmmmm, wonder what it would taste like with a can of Rotel?  So, I drained a can of Rotel, added it to the Manwich sauce, and put it through the blender (my hubby doesn't like chunky tomatoes, so I was trying to be considerate <chuckle>)....and VOILA!  Salsa!  I don't know if it's of any cost savings or not, over a jar of Picante......but it served its last-minute purpose, and the fam enjoyed it! :-)  


1 can of Manwich Original Sloppy Joe sauce
1 can of Rotel, drained

Mix together, and blend in a blender.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of Manwich! But sounds interesting. I usually just do some Rotel with onion powder and cilantro in the food processor with some salt. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds even easier!! I'll have to try it sometime! :-)

      Delete