"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Friday, January 13, 2012

Taco Bake



1 1/2 pound hamburger
taco seasoning
1 can Rotel (original)
1 can black beans
1 small onion, diced
1 small can black olives
1 package shredded cheddar cheese



Brown hamburger (drain).  Add onion and cook until onion is transparent.  Add taco seasoning and rotel.  Mix well.  Place meat mixture in a casserole dish.  Cover with black beans, olives and cheese.  Bake covered at 350 Deg for 30 - 45 minutes or until bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips.


The entire family loved this.  It's a good size for a family of 5 with some leftovers.  It could be made larger easily!

__________________________________________________________________

Update - Hi!  This is Rebekka!  I just made this FABULOUS recipe tonight and Charity very graciously agreed to let me put my pics on her post.  Thanks Charity!!!  And thanks for the recipe too! It was a HIT!!!  :)

So, here goes...

First, I browned the hamburger.
(See that weird looking spoon at the top.  That's my Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop!
Its great!!!  It helps break up ground meat as it cooks - or canned tomatoes.  Love it!!!)

Once the beef was completely cooked, I drained it and threw it in a bowl.


Then I threw the onions into the pan and cooked those babies until translucent.

Once the onions were cooked, I turned the stove off, removed the pan from the heat, threw in the can of Rotel and the package of taco seasoning and mixed it all together.


Then I poured the whole mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish.


Then I drained and rinsed a can of black beans and sprinkled those on top.


And finally, I shredded an 8oz block of cheddar cheese and spread that on top.  I baked it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.


Look.  I didn't even get a chance to take an "After Pic" before we dug in! We ate this with tortilla chips.  YUM!  The hubby said it was delicious and I agree!  He ate his with a dollop of sour cream.  I ate mine with jalapenos on top.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm making this today for lunch! (Then we'll have the leftovers tomorrow (Sunday)! I'm so excited! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already begun modifying this recipe... Oh, and just so I am totally honest - this is not MY recipe.... it's actually AMIE's!!! I posted it before she was part of our blog though. So technically, it's hers. Anyway, when I made it this weekend, before I put the cheese on top, I added a layer of sour cream and then put the cheese on. Turned out marvelous!!! I'm sure there are a ton of ways to modify this recipe to make it fit the preferences of your family :O)

    ReplyDelete