"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Menu Plan for Saturday, January 14th through Wednesday, January 25th

OK folks, several people have suggested that we put our menu plans on here.  I think that's a great idea!  I LOVE looking at other people's menu plans.  Besides getting new recipes, I also get new ideas of different foods to pair with each other.  Sometimes looking at someone else's menu plan really helps to pull me out of a rut.
We fly by the seat of our pants around here, so plans change.  A LOT.  So I try to always have a few quick and easy things in the house.  Try as I might, I never seem to end up following my menu plan exactly - at least not yet.  But I'm working on it.  Menu plans really are a good way to help keep your budget under control.  If there are meals that don't end up getting made on the day they were planned for I just try to move them to the next pay period.
I'll go ahead and tell you that we do a hamburger or sub sandwhich or some other fast food on Wednesday nights.  Wednesday nights are jam-packed.  I'm also BIG on leftovers.  I love making a meal that can go for 2 nights!  That's a little extra relaxation time for me.  I'm not ashamed to say it.  ;)



Saturday, 01-14 - Mellow Mushroom (A treat from hubbie!!! Take out & NFL playoffs!)
Sunday, 01-15 - leftover Chicken, Asparagus, and Wild Rice Casserole (lunch)
Sunday, 01-15 - leftover Mellow Mushroom
Monday, 01-16 - Chicken Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries
Tuesday, 01-17 - Smoked Sausage, Red Beans and Rice, Cornbread
Wednesday, 01-18 - Dollar Menu
Thursday, 01-19 - Jim N' Nicks (Yeah!  My Dad is coming & this was his idea!)  :)
Friday, 01-20 - BBQ Sandwiches, Corn on the Cob, Green Beans
Saturday, 01-21 - Chicken Sandwiches and Fries (lunch)
Saturday, 01-21 - having dinner with friends :)
Sunday, 01-22 - Taco Bake (lunch)
Sunday, 01-22 - Leftover BBQ Sandwiches, Corn on the Cob, Green Beans
Monday, 01-23 - Leftover Taco Bake, Tortilla Chips
Tuesday, 01-24 - Italian Baked Chicken, Rice, Green Beans
Wednesday, 01-25 - Dollar Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment