"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stir-fried Asian Style Broccoli

I I originally found this recipe online on food.com.  I always like to give credit (if I know where the recipe came from - Haha!) so here is the link if you'd like to check it out: Stir-Fried Asian Style Broccoli.

(I added some julienned carrots to the mix.) 

Anyway, I can not say enough good things about this recipe.  If you've got picky eaters who refuse to eat broccoli, give this baby a try.  I bet they'll eat it!  Seriously, my hubby is NOT a broccoli fan and he gobbles this up.  The recipe calls for fresh broccoli, but you could also throw in frozen broccoli.  No biggie!  Whatever you have on hand. 

I have served this as a side dish, but I also often throw in some chicken breasts (cut into thin strips) and double or triple the sauce amount and serve it all over jasmine rice.  OH MY GOODNESS!  This stuff is good!!!  (By the way, just a side note, if you have ever wondered why the rice at the Chinese restaraunt tastes so yummy - its because they use jasmine rice.  If you've never used it before, TRY IT!!!!!!!  It will really give your stir fry meal that extra flavor boost.)


Stir-fried Asian Style Broccoli

2lbs fresh broccoli
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c chicken broth
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup vegetable oil

1.) Wash and cut broccoli; set aside.
2.) Combine cornstarch, sugar and salt.  Add broth and soy sauce, stirring until smooth.
3.) In a wok, saute garlic in oil over Medium-High heat until lightly browned.
4.) Add broccoli; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cover and cook an additional 2 minutes.
5.) Add broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to plan next weeks menu - this is going to make it onto the menu even if it doesn't fit with any "main dish" :) I can't wait to try it... and it sounds so simple. Oh - and I didn't know about the jasmine rice thing - not sure I ever had it... I'll have to try it. Is it right by the normal rice in the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete