"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meal Plan: New Years Resolution

Well I'm the new one here but I have to say I love to cook!!! I mean not sure if its a "Southern thing" or everywhere, but I grew up in the kitchen with my mama.  If she was cooking I was in there helping or learning. (especially when she was baking because we all like to lick the batter!)  And although I learned a lot from her I never fully grasped what all it took...until I said "I do" I can remember growing up to supper on the table every night and she had a full time job.  I was a couple weeks into being married and constantly thinking "What should I cook tonight?"  "Oh no I don't have all those ingredients, off to the store I go again!" "How in the world did my mom always have a full pantry?  How did she do this every night?" But I still loved doing it...it was built in me from the beginning that nurturing side that I was made to take care of my husband, or family in general, and this is what I LOVED doing!  To this day that has not changed.  It's kinda funny because it may take awhile to prepare, definitely wrecks up my kitchen, going to the store isn't always fun, and clean up is the worst....but I never seem to have an attitude when it comes to cooking a meal for my family.  Isn't is amazing how that happens!!  Don't get me wrong this Mama loves to be taken out to eat when need be as well.  But I am sure we could all agree its just what we love to do.  We find fulfillment in knowing we took care of our family!!!

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." Prov 31:15



But four years into marriage and I still would wake up and ask my husband, "What do you want for supper tonight?" Then came my little boy who now pretty much eats anything we eat so I really have to think about what were gonna do for supper.  So welcome 2012 and a new years resolution!!  I went on the TipJunkie website and printed off a free 2012 calendar.  I have my clipboard and I sat down at the beginning of January and wrote out what we would have for supper every night.  I love some organization and planning so this was right up my alley!  Now some nights changed here or there, but at least I already had a plan set in place.  Which meant when I would go to the grocery store I already knew everything I needed for that week or couple weeks to make those meals.  I am telling you I absolutely LOVE IT! I can see my whole month planned out not even duplicate a meal if I don't want to.  I know its only the end of January but I have to say I'm really liking how it went this month.  I already made my calendar meal plan for February and we are ready to go! It's a pretty flexible plan which is why I usually leave the weekends open because we may do leftovers one night or go out with a friend so we can switch a dinner plan to a different night.  But I am a planner and seeing everything I am going to cook on one calendar makes me happy!



Now hopefully I can share some of these recipes with y'all and try out many of the ones on this website to add to my March calendar!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah Danielle! Welcome to the blog!!! For those of you who don't know Danielle, she is a friend of mine from WAY back. I mean, I can't remember a time I DIDN'T know Danielle and her family. I knew she would be a great addition to the group because she loves to cook and she loves the Lord!
    Anyway, welcome again Danielle! I can't wait to see what recipes you share with us! Oh! And thanks for the TipJunkie printable calendar idea! Awesome! I think I'm gonna have to try that! I write my meal plans in my dayplanner, but I think having it written out and easily accessible in the kitchen will help a lot! I think I'll print it out and tape it up on the inside of the pantry door! :)

    ReplyDelete