"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Casserole

No doubt about it I love using my crockpot for sure!  This is a super easy and flexible recipe as well.  I thought I found it on pinterest but I couldn't seem to find the pin so I am guessing that I got it from Crockin Girls on Facebook.  This is super easy!

I didn't take this picture I found it online but had to put a picture with it!!
Ingredients:
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (On a side note....I always salt, pepper, and garlic powder my meat!)
4 slices Swiss cheese (if you aren't a Swiss fan, put your fav cheese on there)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or can substitute cream of chicken if you don't like mushrooms)
1/4 cup milk
2 cups stuffing mix (flavored stuffing makes it awesome)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted 

Directions:
1. Lightly grease crockpot (I use spray)
2. Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Top with a cheese slice.
3. Combine soup and milk, stirring well. Spoon over cheese.
4. Sprinkle with stuffing mix.
5. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix.
6. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
I have done this with the cheese slices and without because one night I did not have any cheese slices and it was just as good.  One night I just sprinkled a little shredded cheese on the chicken.  All of it works!!  Just make sure if you use the cheese that you get it on the chicken otherwise if it falls off and just cooks in the crockpot it will burn and smell and taste nasty!  

You can even get creative if you wanted to and place a piece of ham on top of the cheese before the stuffing.  However I am not a big ham fan so that wouldn't work for me but would give a different taste! I topped mine with a few spices (pepper, salt, oregano). 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and easy!!! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to trying this maybe in the next week or so. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete