"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hearty Breakfast Bake

I tried this recipe for the first time while I had family visiting for Christmas.  It was a big hit.  They cleaned the dish.  :)  That made me happy.  :)  I only had a package of Southwestern hashbrowns and so I used those.  I thought it was yummy, but hubby said it was too spicy.  The next time I made it I just used plain hashbrowns and he was a lot happier.  This can easily be adapted to your tastes.  Use the southwestern  hashbrowns if you like it spicy.  Use ham or bacon or sausage instead of turkey ham. (Make sure if you use sausage that you brown and drain it first though.) Change up the types of cheeses you use.  Just make sure you use the SHREDDED hasbrowns.  I used diced potatoes once and it did end up well.  I think the shredded potatoes just make a better "base."

Hearty Breakfast Bake

20oz package refrigerated shredded hashbrowns
3/4 cup onion, diced
1 and 1/2 cups turkey ham, cubed
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded mozzaerlla
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk


1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) In a greased 9x9 inch baking dish, layer hasbrowns, onion and ham in that order. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Top with cheeses.
3.) In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.  Pour over cheese.
4.) Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5.) Remove foil and continue baking 5-10 minutes, or until golden.
6.) Cut into squares and serve.

Makes 4-6 servings.

1 comment: