"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Roach Family Menu - 1/21 - 1/31

Well, it's Saturday morning, which means it's menu planning day at my house.  Menu planning day and grocery list making day.  I used to REALLY dislike this day, but now, with new recipes to try out, I was kinda looking forward to it this week!  I bought a calendar just for daily meals.  It's easier for me than making a list, and I can cross stuff out, move it around, and if I want to, go back and look at the whole month of menus and get new ideas.  I can also color code the days - which meals were a big hit (do them again) or which went over like a flop (never make again).  So, I have the calendar filled out, and I'm going to put it up here, how I have it on the calendar - but it's gonna change.  The important thing I guess is that I have a meal for every day planned.... then I can move them around as I choose.  The one thing I noticed was that I have a lot of chicken dishes and they are all right together.  I'll need to move them so we don't have chicken three nights in a row!  



1/21 - Jambalaya / cornbread muffins
1/22 - Coca-Cola Chicken / rice / green beans
1/23 - Hot dogs / french fries (I'll be out of town :)
1/24 - pizza / garlic bread (I'll still be out of town :)
1/25 - Journey group (kids eat out, we eat at Journey group)
1/26 - Spaghetti with meatballs / carrots / garlic bread
1/27 - Chicken broccoli casserole / salad / mayonnaise roll
1/28 - Sour cream chicken / brown rice casserole / corn
1/29 - Easy Salisbury Steak / mashed potatoes / green beans
1/30 - Creamy herb pork chops / oven baked seasoned fries / veggie
1/31 - Super yummy chicken casserole / carrots / yeast roll


Definitely looking forward to trying some new recipes this time around!

4 comments:

  1. Great menu PLan, Charity! Oh! And its probably my fault that your menu plan is full of chicken dishes. We're big chicken eaters over here, so most of my main dish recipes are chicken-related. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE chicken as well. Charity let me know how you like the new recipes I posted...mayonnaise rolls, sour cream chicken, and the creamy herb pork chops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on going back, after I've made a recipe, and commenting on the recipe comment section! This way, if someone is reading the recipes, they can see how many families LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea, Charity! I will do that as well. Plus, I know I always love to see when someone comments on a recipe I post - especially if they have made changes to fit their family's taste. :)

    ReplyDelete