"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Friday, January 13, 2012

Meatloaf

I know that meatloaf sounds awful boring, but my family loves it.... well, mostly me and my hubby, but two of the three kids will eat it too.  (The third child has to "try" it, and has concluded that even having to "try" it, is a punishment).  My mom's husband and my father-in-law actually request this on a regular basis when I'm having family over.  It might have come out of the FBT cookbook.....???  Not sure....


2 eggs beaten
3/4 cups milk
2/3 cups bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I use more because I like onion)
2 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard (I use more because I love the mustard taste/smell in the topping)



Combine eggs and milk.  Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, basil and pepper.  Add ground meat.  Mix well.  Lightly pat mixture into a loaf pan.


Bake at 350 Deg for 1 to 1 1/4 hours covered or until internal temperature of 160 Deg.  


In a bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar and dry mustard.  Spread over meatloaf and bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.


I'll normally serve this with home made mashed potatoes and carrots.

1 comment:

  1. I love meatloaf to...and I love the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar topping!!!! And just for the picky eaters I usually just put those three on the stove in a pot and heat it then whoever wants to add it to the top they can. But I can imagine in the oven is SO much better because it will caramelize a little more!!!

    ReplyDelete