"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Roach Family - Menu 1/14 - 1/21

Rebekka - Thank you for being the first to post your menu plan!  I was holding out, waiting for more people to post theirs (so I could modify mine and make it more interesting), but finally - it had to be done!  Like Rebekka, our Wednesdays are bad - we have to head out the door almost as soon as Tim gets home from work to go to our Journey group (church group).  We eat as part of the meeting, so Tim picks something up for the kiddos on the way home.


I too, am big on leftovers - ours however usually don't get consumed at another dinner, they usually serve as lunch for me, Tim and Sara.  Cameron and Anna are at school and take their lunch all but one day a week, and they have to have more "lunch box" friendly things (no microwave, etc).  Also, for veggies, while I prefer fresh veggies, those are not really "once a week shopper" friendly.  I buy what I can fresh (the meals that are planned for earlier in the week) and then for the rest, I try to get the "steamers".  I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!!!  There are packages of green beans (not frozen) that you buy and steam in the bag, in the microwave in 5 minutes, and they are WONDERFUL!!!!  I do get baby carrots and those seem to last forever.  I just boil them, add a little brown sugar and the kids love them!  Ok.... onto the menu for this week:  (recipes already posted to this blog are linked - just click)



Saturday 1/14:  Tater Tot Casserole  / green beans
Sunday 1/15:  Meatloaf / carrots / cornbread
Monday 1/16:  Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin in Sauerkraut / Mac-n-cheese
Tuesday 1/17:  Taco Bake / tortilla chips
Wednesday 1/18:  Journey Group
Thursday 1/19:  Chicken Broccoli casserole  (TaMara Sloan - if she posts it, I'll link it) / Salad / dinner roll
Friday 1/20:  Coca-Cola Chicken served over white rice / green beans
Saturday 1/21:  Jambalaya / cornbread muffins


I'm looking forward to seeing other's menu plan ideas.  Also, side dishes..... if you are doing your meal plan and you have a side dish - please post the recipe for it!  I'm not the world's best cook, but can easily follow a recipe.  I HATE serving the same sides all the time.  If you post the recipe, I can link it to my menu - then on the day I need it, I can click on my link and have the recipe there (or on grocery shopping day, I can easily skim through for the ingredients needed).  

3 comments:

  1. Great menu plan, Charity! Crockpot Pork Tenderloin & Sauerkraut is also a big hit at our house! I may have to make that during my next menu plan! Oooh! Now I'm craving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay ladies- I have to thank you for posting your meal plans! I am not there yet with that kind of planning, but I want to be. Hey I should be bc I have a family of 8. I bet I could really save. I just didn't have alot to chose from so we are just fly by the seat of our pants right now. I have always loved watching what you put on FB about your menu Rebekka. I am actually jealous of both of you ladies for having it so together. I ought to be ashamed of myself. I am hoping that this site will help me to do better about that. So if no one else joins I hope you ladies will keep it up for me to see, so my family can change the way we eat. I am going to make it a point to try two of the recipes this week. One from you Rebekka and one from you Charity. I can't wait! I am so excited. For right now I am going to be learning and I will try to posts some of my favorites also. Rebekka thank you for your pictures. It is very nice to see what the meals look like. This helps me alot in cooking. Anyway thank you ladies so much. I feel like a baby chic learning to fly. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete