"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Monday, January 16, 2012

Grandma's "Family Pork Chops"

This recipe came from my sweet grandmother, who died about 5 years ago.  In fact, I'm currently copying this from a copy of Grandma's handwritten recipe card!  My mother made the copy for me and I treasure it.  Its so wonderful to have something written in my grandmother's very own handwriting.  Its like a piece of history. OK, so on to the recipe...

(When I make this, I usually serve it with a side of green beans and serve the gravy over rice.)

Family Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1-2 onions, sliced into rings
3/4 cup ketchup
1 cup water
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs vinegar
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder



1.) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.) Salt and pepper pork chops and place them in a shallow baking dish.  Top each chop with an onion slice.
3.) Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.  Pour over pork chops.
4.) Cover and bake in preheat oven for about 1 and 10 minutes.  Remove cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Serves 6

(Here is the note my grandmother wrote on the bottom of the recipe card: "The sauce can be made up and kept on hand.  It may be used on chicken, meat loaf, spareribs or stew meat.  The gravy is good on rice.")

No comments:

Post a Comment