"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."

"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens."
"She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens." - Proverbs 31:15

Monday, January 16, 2012

Candy Bar Cake

Candy Bar Cake (Or at least the it-contains-10-candy-bars-icing)!
Ok, peeps.  This is my first-- first, mind you-- venture into the blogging world.  I mean, I don't follow any blogs, I don't write any blogs, zip, nada, nothing.  So, if this ends up in the wrong place or floating around in Cyberspace, perhaps you can forgive a mistake made by a newbie.

Soooo..my first contribution to the world of blogging is quite a tasty little treat called Candy Bar Cake.  I get requests for this at all sorts of functions, and I happily oblige, because why wouldn't I want to bring something with sugar, fat, and chocolatey goodness?  However, I am going to just share the icing recipe, because frankly, it is the best part.  Also, it is quite versatile--I've used it on German chocolate cake, regular chocolate cake, boxed chocolate cake (GASP! Please don't let my mom and granny see that!), everything.  I am sure you have your own favorite chocolate cake recipe, so I leave you with a little bit of OOMPH! to top it off.  Enjoy!



Candy Bar Cake
1 (18.25 oz) package Swiss chocolate cake mix (or your favorite cake recipe!)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
10 (Yes, TEN!!) (1.5 oz) milk chocolate candy bars with almonds, divided
1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed.  (Or, if Cool Whip just doesn't deliver enough sugar for you, go ahead and whip up some homemade. This is one recipe that I always cut corners and buy the frozen stuff, however)

1.  Prepare cake batter according to package directions (If used).  Pour into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
2.  Bake at 325 degrees for 20-24 minuted or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.  Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
3.  Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until mixture is creamy. 
4.  Chop 8 candy bars finely.  Fold cream cheese mixture and chopped candy into whipped topping.
5.  Spread icing between layers and on top and sides of cake.  Chop remaining 2 candy bars.  Sprinkle half of chopped candy bars over cake.  Press remaining chopped candy along bottom edge of cake.

*Sometimes I make cupcakes with these.  Enjoy!  ~Ingrid

1 comment:

  1. Ingrid, thanks so much for joining our little blog - and WELCOME! If all of your posts are as yummy as this one looks, then you'll be very popular around here! :)

    ReplyDelete